Thursday, July 25, 2013

Transition & Oil - Yuck!

The BBB (boar bristle brush):
I've realized that I need to brush and massage the scalp when dry, which is nutzo for us curlies - to dry brush the hair that is.  But then I have to wet the hair to get back my curls so of course, I do a WO (water only) rinse every time I shower.  Then I brush out the tangles and braid or style it.

So far...

July 7 - last shampoo wash
July 14 - first BSV (baking soda and vinegar) wash
... WO washes almost daily, dry hair and scalp.
July 21 - second BSV wash
July 23 - 50/50 vinegar water rinse - happy hair!
July 25 - itchy scritchy oily scalp, looks like my hair length is happy but my scalp is oily right on the crown.  Can I last 3 more days until a BS wash to help out, or should I buy and try cocoa as a dry shampoo on the scalp?

I guess this is my transition ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing my journey, all comments are welcomed but will be moderated to ensure we have good vibes going on.