Monday, November 25, 2013

Hair Update



I am not sure, but I believe my last wash was November 2nd.  I'm guessing simply because of my blog posts!! That was 22 days ago!

I washed with my Argan Oil Castille Soap Bar last night only because I've been wearing my hair our curly after WO washes and I do NOT brush as much.  My hair started to look limp and lifeless, no volume at the roots as a result so I washed.  I specifically, I took that little bar of soap and rubbed my scalp at the crown, interestingly right where I wear my ponytail/bun all the time.  You know the areas, no air except at night, and even then it's buried deep in all that hair!!!

So I've washed, and noticed a few things while washing.  At this point... 22 days since my last cleanse/wash my hair started to smell a little funky when it rained or it got wet.  I'm a curly, I'm not afraid to get my hair wet when it rains, so that was a bit of a surprise.  My other surprise was that the soap wouldn't lather, and I don't mean bubbles, I mean when in my hair I can move it around - too much oil I guess so it was working too hard,  I started lathering in my hands and applying directly to my scalp in that crown area I mentioned only!!

Then rinsed with ACV and then again with hot water, 5 drops of my fave tangerine EO and a tip of jojoba oil.  Then I plopped to dry.

Today it is curly, bouncy, revitalized and feels light again.  Keep in mind I only soaped my scalp, so I've still got sebum down to the top of my ears... which is further down the length than previously so I'm doing alright!!

I'll wear it curly for two days then back to brushing daily and wearing it in a bun.

Let's see how long I go this time.... any bets?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing my journey, all comments are welcomed but will be moderated to ensure we have good vibes going on.